If a friend told you that they had a “redneck weekend” the mind reels with possibilities…
- Went to a tractor-pull
- Spent hours muddin’
- Took a turn at ropin’ at the rodeo or a stock show
- Dined on squirrel stew
- Spray painted you girlfriend’s name on an overpass
- Attended a wedding at the local country club which is up on wheels – as it’s a double-wide trailer
- Brainstormed name for girlfriend’s four-wheeler (ie, mud-slinger, sod-buster, ass-launcher, etc.)
- Sorted outhouse porn collection for ease of selection (your cross referencing would make Dewey proud – and simultaneously blush).
- Poured hot chocolate in your Reeboks and called them winter shoes
- Attended to 2008 washing of tank tops, muscle T’s, wife beaters (or any article of clothing which shares a names with domestic violence) and t-shirts (sleeves cut off)
- Re-worked the curl on all your baseball hats
- Took your long bow out to get dinner (and rid the neighborhood of possum)
- Slid into the tightest pair of nut-huggin Wranglers
- Got loaded; loaded guns; Lost one buddy (he obviously doesn’t understand gun safety)
- Laminated NRA membership card (put spit shine on)
- Considered the rumor that “coon hound” originally meant a dog for the hunting of racoons
- Shined deer with police issue spotlight mounted to the drivers’ side window
- Put moves on sister / cousin / mother; Got to second base.
But when you find out that he chewed tobaco (fine, upstanding thing to do), went fishing (All-American), and drank beer (Downright Patriotic!), then it is a bit of a letdown. If you say redneck, you better get down with slapping the back of your neck ’til that sombitch is ruby, and then commence with one of the above.
Consider me unimpressed.